Driving is an important aspect of many people’s lives. The ability to drive independently and access the community can provide people with a sense of autonomy, meaning and purpose. Injury, illness and aged related conditions can have a significant impact on driving ability.
National OT has Qualified Driving Assessors who offer a range of assessments and services in relation to driving and vehicle modifications.
These services may be appropriate for:
- New drivers with a physical, intellectual or psychological disability.
- Drivers returning to driving following illness or injury
- Clients with age related conditions requiring assessment of their fitness to drive.
The driving Assessment process involves:
- Obtaining Medical clearance
- Off-Road assessment
- On-Road assessment with a Driving Instructor
- Report outlining the outcome of the assessment, further recommendations, endorsements and restrictions.
PLEASE NOTE: Before filling out a referral form for a driving assessment, all clients must have a Doctor complete a Vic Roads/RMS medical report. To successfully process your referral, we will require a copy of the report once this has been lodged with Vic Roads/RMS. This is required as medical clearance must be achieved before we can action the referral.