What is Telehealth?
- Telehealth uses video and phone technology to deliver health care services.
- You will receive the same service and expertise as always.
- It is used widely across all ages and disabilities.
What equipment do I need?
To participate you will require an internet connection and at least one of the following:
A device such as an iPad or similar (Lenovo Tablet, Samsung Galaxy Tablet, etc)
A laptop with a camera and microphone (or option to use plug in headphones with inbuilt microphone)
Desktop PC with camera and microphone (or plug in camera and microphone)
A phone with camera capability
Starting your session?
- We will help you with set up before your first appointment and provide an easy
instruction sheet to get started.
- You will receive an email with your appointment time and a link to join the session.
- To meet your therapist online, you will click on the link at the scheduled time
Services available via telehealth
- Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy and Paediatric Services
- Functional Assessments
- Therapy Programs – building independence, rehab, skills development, carers support
- Housing SDA/SIL
- Assisstive Technology
- Home Modifications advice
Why use telehealth?
- Easy access to support whilst at home
- There are no wait times to access telehealth – we can support you now!
- No travel costs
- Approved and recommended by the NDIS
- Be matched with a therapist that has the skills and expertise in the areas you require.
- Switch to in-home sessions when the time is right for you.